Junior Unix 2nd Level Administrator
- Brno, Czech Republic
System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Your day to day activities will include:
- Install, configure and deploy the Server operating system and various software utilities
- Plan, document and execute migrations and new setups
- Plan, configure and test High-Availability clusters
- Setup and manage file systems and print queues
- Monitor and maintain operating system log files
- Recommend operating system updates and configuration modification
As an IBM employee, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- 5 weeks of paid vacation
- Elaborate education program for each employee - training during the workcareer, courses are lead by professional lectors; e-learning education; flexible education plan for each job position
- Strong career opportunities
- Access to Hi-tech; MAC@IBM
- Above standard Medical Care
- Discounts in Sports, Culture, Healthcare, Childcare, Finance, Electronics
- Global Travel and Life insurance
- Contribution to the Pension fund
- IBM stock purchase plan
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Fluent English (Czech or Slovak native speakers preferred)
- Basic Linux knowledge
- Basic MySQL/Postgres knowledge
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Linux experiences in production environment for at least 2 years
- MySQL Clustering (Percona)
- GlusterFS cluster
- VMware vcenter
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top