Junior Solution Consultant – SAP S/4 HANA Finance
The current focus is on S/4HANA transitions. No organisation has undertaken more of these than IBM. We bring our business expertise and technical innovation together to deliver step change value to our clients. This manifests in a HANA Impact Assessment tool, 12 industry templates to accelerate and de-risk projects, the use of a "Bluefield Approach" to deliver transformation whilst maintaining the best of the original system, and IBM cloud to provide end to end accountability.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a junior SAP consultant at IBM Global Business Services, you will deliver innovative business solutions through design, build and test, including systems integration. You will build your subject matter expertise and your experience to through successful project delivery and client success. We will give you access to unique career opportunities, and a vast and diverse network of talented SAP professionals.
As a member of our SAP functional team you will get the chance to participate in new and existing implementations, developed with the latest technology and tools. At IBM you'll find your role has a very unique look, combining both strong technical and business skills.
We would like you to have a solid IT background with at least 1 full implementation, ideally in an international consulting environment. Strong experience in process design, planning and managing execution of the build. Experience in the SAP solutions is also a desirable.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrable IT experience including at least 1 full end-to end project lifecycle.
- Knowledge in SAP modules. Ability to participate in workshops with Business and Process Architects
- Strong problem solving skills to drive resolution issues by understanding client needs and presenting options to resolve the problem.
- An ability to identify, develop and implement solutions to meet the needs of the business
- Strong leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to deliver high profile activities to tight timescales
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong presentation skills
- Willing to take on challenges in new areas at new clients
- Team lead or project management aspirations in combination with a strong drive to develop as a functional consultant
- A drive to expand your network in the SAP community
- Ambition for building successful client relationships will be highly valued.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
You will work as part of a dynamic team creating solutions for our clients that draw on S/4HANA and other applications relevant to the client's industry. You will be expected to take accountability and consult with minimal supervision. IBM will provide you with first class training to keep you at the cutting edge
IBM has a 30 year history of collaboration and co-innovation with SAP. IBM formed the first SAP System Integration Practice and currently there are more than 30000 SAP consultants globally in IBM.
The SAP Practice in A/NZ began in 1995, and has a long history of successful delivery. The Practice is currently in growth mode, with a number of recent new projects.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top