Junior Software Developer
Job Role: Junior Software Developer
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Enjoy challenges? Big challenges? Come work for the office of the IBM Chief Information Security Officer and help meet the global challenges of keeping one of the largest companies in the world secure. We're looking for enthusiastic and innovative team members to join us in several application and developer-centric security roles at our location in Research Triangle Park, NC.
This squad is responsible for piloting, deploying, integrating, operating and supporting developer-centric security services provided to internal development teams.
This development role includes all aspects of the squad mission but includes a focus on service enablement and integration work. This work normally involves front and backend development that interacts with APIs provided by the various services to enable automation and integration to enhance the value from, and user experience with, the services provided.
This role will also be involved with setting up environments and toolchains to perform, validate, document and demonstrate proof of concept integrations of security tooling and process.
Essential Job Duties:
- Focus on implementing service automation projects, enabling squad members to work on more advanced tasks and to enhance the value derived from the deployed services
- Contribute to the day-to-day development, implementation, monitoring and operational support of managed solutions and service provider relationships
- Engage in information security projects that provide additional services and capabilities to development teams
- Assist in the deployment of services and solutions to meet security and business needs.
- Respond to, handle and escalate service and implementation issues
- Participate regularly in squad, project and organization meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows or OSX
- Familiarity with DevOps
- Ability to speak and write well
- Track record of acting with integrity, taking pride in work, seeking to excel, self-motivation, being curious and adaptable, and communicating effectively
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2+ years of experience developing web applications and web services, front and back end.
- 1+ years of experience with cloud computing technologies, including software, infrastructure, platform-as-a-service, containers and serverless
- 1+ years of experience with databases, NoSQL or relational
- 1+ years of experience with SCM tools (git), CI/CD tools (Travis, Jenkins, etc.), CM tools (Puppet, Chef, etc.), testing tools and similar
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Some interest, prior experience and knowledge related to cybersecurity, including, but not limited to, application security, system security and application firewalls
- Experience working on Agile teams
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top