Junior SAP Sales and Distribution Specialist
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The IBM Client Innovation Center in Baton Rouge is growing its Enterprise Applications (EA) team and has immediate opportunities for Junior SAP Sales and Distribution Specialist candidates with a passion for growth and innovation.
IBM is seeking individuals that have a Supply Chain, Analytics, Information Systems or related degree with undermentioned required skills:
- Understanding the key of Enterprise Applications and Process areas such Order to Cash (OTC),, Supply Chain Management (SCM), Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)and the modules/applications that handle the related processes.
- Aware of applications that preceded Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) such as MRP and new technologies.
- Understanding of different ERP project types (Implementation, Support, Upgrade etc.)
- Overview knowledge of EA Implementation methodology (ASAP, ACTIVATE), development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall) and Implementation tools (Solution Manager, Worksoft, Enable Now, etc.)
- Understanding of roles & responsibilities of Functional/Technical Consultant etc.
As a Junior SAP SD Specialist you will help our clients integrate enterprise-wide data for improved performance and efficiency. You will contribute right away to our top-tier clients in collaboration with exceptional people in a dynamic team environment. You will work hand and hand on projects that help our clients integrate strategy, process, technology, and information to increase effectiveness, reduce costs, promote accountability and optimize performance. You will build a powerful portfolio of interesting and rewarding experiences.
Successful candidates for these positions will work onsite at the IBM Client Innovation Center in Baton Rouge. The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel up to 50% of the time. This is a traditional office position. You must live in, or be willing to relocate to, Louisiana. The work location is 100 North Street Baton Rouge, LA 70802. This is not a work from home position.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 1 year experience in SAP SD Integrations with other Modules
- Minimum of 1 full Life-cycle Implementations or 1 Support Project (build and design, or support trouble tickets)
- Must have good knowledge of Business Processes
- Must have experience in writing Functional Specifications for WRICEF Objects
- Good knowledge in SAP SD Tables, User Exits, BADIs etc
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- SAP or other ERP Certification
- S/4 HANA Certification
- Experience with EDI/IDOCS
- S/4 Implementation exposure
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top