Junior Hardware/Software (HW/SW) Computer Engineer
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. Data and technology are transforming industries, society and even the workplace-by creating professions that didn't exist before the emergence of data, cloud, social and mobile. IBM Global Business Services is a leader in this transformation and just the place to define and develop your consulting career. At IBM, you'll work to solve some of society's most complex problems and uncover what's possible as you help our global clients succeed. Join us and discover what you can make of this moment. What will you make with IBM? ibm.com/jobs.
In this exciting role you will lead engineering projects to design hardware/software solutions and work with third-party vendors.
- Focused on exploitation, vulnerability analysis, data concealment and secure software development.
- Provides system-level analysis and directs the modifications of existing embedded products.
- Familiar with radio, and direction-finding hardware/software systems.
- Directs the modification of other communication devices to include those utilizing the Android platform.
- Researches and provides inter-device compatibility and/or new features.
- Identifies new initiatives and improves the solution by exploiting current hardware and software available to the project.
- Leads and executes solution modifications independently or as a team. Performs the system integration of COTS and GOTS software to meet client requirements.
Stay connected by subscribing to the IBMJobs blog (blog.ibm.jobs) for career insights, news and latest job opportunities.
IBM Global Business Services: Join a Leader. Consult with us.
(2252) PSHJ DCHJ GBSPSDC
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 1-3 years of experience in computer science/engineering
- 1-3 years of experience in software design
- Ability to design, develop, and test software systems in low level and high level programming languages
- Proficiency in C, Java
- Proficiency in using Integrated Development Environments
- Ability to define functional specifications of a software system
- Ability to debug live systems, isolating errors to software, hardware, or network components
- Ability to update existing software, applying the latest emerging technologies and programming languages
- Active Secret Clearance and ability to obtain TS clearance
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- C++, Java, Python, XML, SQL, Katlin, Bash, Swift,
- Visual Studio, Eclipse, MS Office, Git, Wireshark, Matlab, Docker
- Ability to characterize/reverse engineer existing applications
- Conducts vulnerability/security evaluations of commercial or in-house developed software
- Analyzes situations and implements solutions, or develop new system elements, procedures or processes; applies creativity and judgment on projects within the department
- Ability to obtain and maintained TS/SCI
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top