Junior Analytics Consultant
IBM's next-generation business analytic solutions help organizations of all sizes make sense of information in the context of their business. Advanced Analytics is a grouping of analytic techniques and is used to predict future outcomes.
It includes Business Intelligence, Enterprise Performance Management, Predictive Analytics, Prescriptive Analytics as well as Risk analytics.
Join the forward-thinking team at IBM and become one of our consultants - there is no better place to launch your career!
Service consultants in Advanced Analytics can work in a few areas. As such, you will be involved in:
- Client-Facing Solution Development - Work directly with the customer to understand how we can help their business, extract detailed requirements, then design and implement innovative solutions across multiple industries and sectors.
- Client-Facing Solution Support - Most of the solutions that we deliver need post-production support. We do this to cover user guidance while using the application as well as solve potential technical issues.
- Occasionally we deliver standard or client specific training classes to our customers.
What you'll do:
- You'll have the chance to work with products under Advanced Analytics platform, like IBM Planning Analytics (Cognos TM1), IBM Cognos Analytics (Cognos BI), IBM Watson Analytics or SPSS Modeler.
- You'll travel internationally to face the customers. You'll work in high pace in a flexible consulting environment.
- You'll manage and foster ongoing client relationship with our highly valued customers.
- You'll receive training, coaching and mentoring from us.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Who you are:
- You are highly motivated and passionate about your work.
- You are independent, willing to learn and have good technical and business aptitude.
- You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines (customers and colleagues), while you have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You have a good understanding of relational databases and some understanding of OLAP databases.
- You are an early graduate (university graduate in the last 3 years).
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT Management & Economics.
- Good understanding of relational and/or OLAP databases.
- Fluent in English (reading and writing).
- Willing to travel 10%-40% of the time.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM Cognos TM1 or IBM Cognos BI is a plus.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top