Jr. Network Operations Controller
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
In this exciting role you will be the Jr. Network Operations Controller for JRSS NOC at Hill AFB, Ogden UT.
• You will directly support the Client's capabilities and services in their 24-7 Global Network Support Center working in our JRSS NOC.
• Responsible for overall network engineering support for customer programs including planning, designing, and evaluating various components of the Client's Enterprise Network.
• Solve routine technical problems following established procedures and policies.
• Work directly with Engineering team to provide specifications for network architecture, evaluating and recommending new technologies to enhance current capabilities, and performing needs assessments.
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve network related issues through monitoring, testing, and servicing network equipment
Security Clearance: Top Secret w/ SCI Eligibility, need Day 1 to start
Work is located at Hill AFB, Ogden UT.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
PSHJ 1SCTY DCHJ GBSPSDC DODAL17
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, CISSP or equivalent) prior to start date.
Able to work in a shift work environment as we are a 24/7 operation.
Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management
Expertise in one or more of the following: routers, switches, crypto devices, routing, DSN/DRSN, Video Services, ATM, Promina, CISCO, Juniper, MSPP, DWDM, Optical Switching.
General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP •Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security +ce.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top