IBM is leading the way to a whole new generation of intelligent systems and technologies, more powerful and agile than ever before. Be a part of our progress as a developer who can work on both the front end and back end of the applications we build.
This role would suit someone who enjoys technical challenges and meeting business requirements with creative solutions, with a focus on user centred outcomes. Specifically, we are looking for:
• Good working experience with Node.js and Express
• HTML5, ES6, Promises, and CSS3
• Architecting and developing APIs
• Proficient understand of Git, or other source code management systems
• Experience with continuous integration
• A deep understanding of Agile development principles and practices
• Experience working in close collaboration with designers, and building according to spec
Essential interpersonal skills
You will be working in an end to end, cross functional scrum team as part of our wider mission - you must be prepared to undertake a variety of roles in the team as per requirements.
• Great planning and organisational skills, good time management, with the ability to manage and prioritise own workload and to deal with urgent deadlines and changes to requirements
• Close teamworking and collaboration across both global and local team environments
• An ability to manage your own time and work independently
• The ability to communicate across organisational boundaries and manage stakeholders
• A passion for creative solutions to real user needs and business problems
• Driven to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction, addressing the underlying problem and questioning any assumptions
• Logical approach to problem solving
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Highly motivated and productive, an entrepreneurial self-starter
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
As listed on Job description
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Experience with some of the following:
• DevOps practices
• Test Driven Development
• Object oriented programming languages
• Shell scripting
• Linux operating system
• Mobile application development
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top