- Buenos Aires, Argentina
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
At IBM we are looking for professionals with Java and Python experience to join a telecommunications industry leading client Project with great international impact. It is a project that will be covering both maintenance and migrations to different technologies (e.g.: Salesforce, Netcool, Data Science), with which you will be working on different Squads on agile teams and with rotation possibility.
What will your role and responsibilities be?
- Use your programming skills to perform detailed design and construction of the components required for the development of the User Story
- Actively participate in improving the quality of the elements built, both designing and building automated unit tests or proposing improvements to specifications and test cases
- Understand user story definitions, translate them functionally and implement them in code
- Understand the methodology of the work and be an active participant in strengthening the team
- Commitment to learning and continuous personal improvements
- Actively participate in both Dailies and Demo and Retros
At the moment it will be 100% remote from your home, as soon as the new normal is defined it will be decided whether if it will be at IBM Catalinas or Coghlan where the customer's office is located
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience from 1 to 3 years with Java/ Python
- Experience in technical design and analytical capacity
- Developing from the beginning (Blank sheet)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience working on agile teams (desirable)
- Experience in telecommunications projects (desirable)
- English language (Desirable)
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
Back to top