Java Fullstack Developer
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are: As a Java Web Application Developer, you will design, develop and support application solutions with focus on building and testing Java application.
What you will do:
- As an application developer your role will be design, develop and/or re-engineer highly complex application components, and integrate software packages, programs and reusable objects residing on multiple platforms.
- As developer you will be dealing with all the applications IBMers around the world use is now looking for Java developers to join our agile and dynamic software support and development team.
- Responsible for maintenance and improvement of very critical IBM internal applications with focus on building and testing Java application.
- As part of a dedicated, Agile team, the developers will be responsible for: Perform application development based on Agile methodologies & participate in requirements / user story analysis and design.
- Complete activities related to the assigned user stories based on priority.
- Conduct appropriate unit and module testing. Detect, report, investigate and fix defects in the application (production support).
- Have a can-do attitude for problem solving, creating solutions thinking out of the box.
- Work effectively in collaboration with other team members - as well as partners and other support functions when required.
- Continued focus on improving the applications.
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be.
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor.
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Minimum (1to 2) years of experience in IT Industry.
- Must have knowledge in working with web development tools such as HTML 5, CSS 3, J2EE features (Servlets, EJBs, etc.) and JQuery
- Knowledge of Web Service implementation (RESTful and SOAP)
- Hands on experience in OOAD and Design Patterns
- Knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms
- Worked on SQL, XML and JSON
- Knowledge of high-level OOP languages and MVC framework
- Component Development in Action Script
- Should be able to independently analyze requirements based on a given specification and come up with a sound and sustainable algorithmic design.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Certified Java Developer (Preferred)
- Experience with CVS/ SVN source control system.
- Experience with the Agile development methodology.
- Willingness to learn new technologies for driving the project.
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top