IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
We are currently seeking to fill multiple Java Developer positions in the Washington DC Metro, Maryland, Virginia area. We have multiple interview dates being set up as we speak!! What will you make with IBM!!
The Java Developer will develop J2EE applications in a Linux environment. The Developer will work on many exciting projects utilizing their in depth development skills.
We look forward to hearing from you!!
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 years' experience writing Java/J2EE code and integration skills
- 2 years of demonstrated expertise in successful large project/build management and execution
- 2 years of experience with various development methodologies (i.e. Agile, Iterative, Waterfall) in Software Development Life Cycle management
- Minimum 5 years experience in Java Server Side development with knowledge of the following: - Java Server Side development
- Experience working in a LINUX environment - Struts -
- Experience working with DB2 -
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 5+ years of experience writing Java/J2EE code and integration skills
- 5+ years of experience of Jboss Spring Framework
- 5+ years of demonstrated expertise in successful large project/build management and execution
- 1 years of prior IRS experience
- 1 year of knowledge of IRS business systems and data, is an extra plus
- 1 year of experience with Rule Engines (i.e. Blazer Advisor)
- IRS MBI Clearance
- 5+ years of experience with RDBMS
- 5+ years of experience writing Java code in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux OS or within a JBOSS application server
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top