IBM Z is seeking a software engineer to be part of a highly skilled, results oriented agile team working with industry leaders in developing the next generation tools platform for the mainframe that powers over 90% of top 100 banks globally and used by over 90% of all Fortune 500 companies today. As part of DevOps for Enterprise Systems group under IBM z Systems, you will join our mission and commitment in delivering state of the art software technology in our modern tools platform for working with large scale enterprise mainframe systems.
As an experienced software developer, you will collaborate with software architects and designers in applying Agile methodologies as well as IBM Design Thinking process to design software based upon requirements gathered from stakeholders and Sponsor Users. You will create high quality automated test cases to drive product performance and quality to verify your code contributions, and also collaborate with the DevOps team to ensure successful integration of test cases in our Continuous Integration and Test delivery pipeline.
As a member of a dynamic team in delivering enterprise web-based technologies supporting a large enterprise user base, you demonstrate leadership, technical curiosity, a self-starter, creativity as well as forward thinking with a passion for growth and innovation.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in Agile SDLC (design, development, test and deploy)
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in software design, programming and testing using Java and C/C++
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in working on Windows, Linux and MacOS
- Ability to read and understand Java bytecode
- Knowledge of concurrent programming, abstract/compile syntax tree
- Experience in API Design & working with REST APIs
- A self-starter & ability to work effectively in a team environment
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Working knowledge of Eclipse/Eclipse Orion/Eclipse Che project
- Experience in working on a Mainframe system
- Experience in designing and implementing automation for testing desktop and web applications
- Knowledge of COBOL, PLI
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top