Are you interested in working on state-of-the-art Java software projects, relational and graph databases, using open source technologies in an Eclipse environment?
Would you like to collaborate with other experienced professionals and share your skills in the field of software development? Would you enjoy working in an environment that is on one hand friendly and fun, and on the other hand exposes you to international customers and cultures?
If you found yourself in the questions above, we want to talk with you.
We are looking for passionate, curious software engineers to work on challenging software development.
We're most interested in people who have strong background in Computer Science, are good with algorithms, can demonstrate they're passionate about their work, want to share their success and to keep learning.
You will enhance and expand Java products across the product portfolio, ensuring that your work is well designed, maintainable and tested.
- design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications, delivering high-availability and performance
- participate in all phases of the development lifecycle
- write maintainable, testable, efficient code
- understand requirements follow their intent in specifications, design documents and development.
- prepare and produce releases of software components
- support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
Come and join our Java team if you want to thrive in a solid and friendly environment, where interesting, cutting-edge technologies meet the enthusiasm and innovative ideas.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Java standard edition, experience in writing scalable production code
- strong in software design and algorithms
- good understanding of multithreading and synchronization concepts
- good knowledge of relational database concepts and programming
- knowledge of graph theory
- at least 3 years experience in software engineering
- degree in Computer Science or other technical/scientific field
- good English skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- experience with Eclipse plug-in development
- experience with parser generators, compilers and code analysis
- involvement in open source development (code, bug, documentation contributions)
- knowledge of software development life-cycle and release management tools
- scripting languages, functional languages
- experience with graph or other NOSQL databases
If you don't meet some of these requirements, it's important to show us how curious you are about them, and how eager you are to learn and improve.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top