Java Consulting Engineer
deployment of OpenPages software applications.
Typically, 90% of the time is spent implementing customer requirements (by writing custom Java code for triggers, helpers, communication with external systems).
In addition to writing code, the Consulting Engineer will be responsible for installing (or provide assistance) the OpenPages software components.
The remaining 10% of the time will be spent assisting with the development of delivery requirements, supporting business development activities, and sharing expertise within the OpenPages Professional Services community via knowledge sharing, best practice documentation and training.
Depending on the project, the consulting engineer might spend up to 50% of time traveling (client on-site).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 1-2 years of professional software development experience, part of which should include implementing packaged applications, preferably in the financial services or operational risk domain
- Working knowledge of all the phases of software development life cycle (requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, testing and implementation (mostly for java web application technology)).
- Knowledge of Object Oriented design and development using core Java (preferably JDK 1.5 +).
- Working knowledge in creating UI components on server side (using JSP, Servlet, Struts, Spring MVC or any other open source java framework).
- Experience working with Oracle relational databases.
- Working experience in JEE Web/Application Servers like IBM WebSphere, Oracle Weblogic and Apache Tomcat
- Good working experience in XML using extraction, transformation and loading using technologies like XPATH or Java API.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with DB2, Linux and AIX administration
- Implementing business logic in Java Beans/Spring framework (IoC, Bean etc).
- Working experience with ORM mapping tools like Hibernate and JPA.
- Good Experience working on Java/JEE Design Patterns like Observer, Singleton, Decorator, Business Delegate, DAO, Session Façade, and MVC.
- Familiarity with Risk Management, Business Intelligence, Corporate Governance, Data Asset Management and/or Business Process Management solutions
- Familiarity/Experience in the Financial Services Industry
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top