IT Technical Support Security Specialist & FSO
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
In this exciting role you will have up to 4 years of progressive experience.
- Provide midlevel analytical and problem-solving skills when addressing and resolving issues, assessing possible system impacts, and recommending technical solutions.
- Provide knowledge of computer science principles to perform complex system and software engineering assignments.
- You will have e xperience with the support of enterprise level computing platforms and systems administration is required.
- Information Assurance skills are highly desired, as are auditing and experience with continuous monitoring and security event detection and response.
- Knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing or software programs is a plus.
- Experience with Certification and Accreditation standards and documentation would also be beneficial (NIST 800-53 in particular).
- You will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, and customer requirements.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends.
- Other responsibilities include; maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures, perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning, perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions, repair and recover from hardware or software failures as well as create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Government security clearance.
- The execution of all duties and responsibilities for this position requires the candidates to be physically present in IBM's Annapolis Junction, MD location.
- Maintain the facility clearance by completing Facility Security Officer (FSO) training and all other applicable DSS requirements for the FSO/AFSO position within the NISP.
- Previous FSO experience is a plus.
- Work with remote program management and existing program FSO to maintain the remote location and all applicable E-FCL requirements.
- This will require but is not limited to the following; Secure open and close procedures, classified material inventory management, contributing to and maintaining Risk Management Framework activity documentation and System Security Planning, Local Data Security & Privacy implementation, interfacing with DSS Industrial Security Representatives, maintaining Secure Operating Procedures, managing physical access control to the classified space through credential issuance and auditing of user access and maintaining DSS accreditation documents in accordance with main program requirements and COMSEC material handling and management as required.
- Implement and maintain the security requirements as defined by the client. (40%)
- Systems and software implementation and support (40%)
- Risk Analysis and Management (10%)
- Change management (10%)
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
PSHJ 1SCTY DCHJ GBSPSDC DODAL17
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Linux/UNIX experience (3 years)
• Systems administration and support (3 years)
• Advanced MS Office Proficiency
• Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret Clearance
• Security+, CISA, CISM or CISSP certification (ability to obtain within 6 months of starting on project).
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Facility Security Officer Experience
- Security and Information Assurance skills
- Networking skills
- Tivoli backup and restore
- Semi-Conductor Manufacturing Experience / Theory
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top