IT support - student position
We're looking for a dedicated and highly motivated student who will manage the computing environment for a team of researchers and developers in a world-known research community. The position involves supporting cutting-edge technologies in a large international organization, helping to develop disruptive technology in healthcare, analytics, IoT and others.
- Daily end-user support for a large team of researchers and developers (IBM Haifa Research - Givataim site)
- Providing desk-side support for Windows, Mac and mobile devices
- Windows OS installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Providing a required security and compliance level for servers and workstations
- Basic hardware setup and servicing
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Student from Computer Science or Information System Engineering faculty with at least 2 years of studies remaining
- Ability to work at least 4 days a week
- Practical experience in Windows (Linux and mac-OS an advantage)
- Client-facing, service oriented, loves to help people
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Team player, along with ability to work independently
- Fast learner, out-of-the-box thinker
- Good communication skills in English (verbal and written)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Previous relevant working experience in the industry is an advantage.
- Linux and mac-OS an advantage
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top