IT Specialist - Windows 3L
At IBM we're looking for talented, ambitious professionals to join us as Systems Administrators. Like a challenge? Come work alongside some of the best minds in the industry to help clients make the most out of their IT investments.
As an IBM Systems Administrator, you'll use your expertise in systems management to resolve issues with clients' hardware and software components. You'll provide answers to clients' questions about IT problems, and help meet their business needs through innovative IT solutions.
As a trusted technical services advisor you'll have overall responsibility for operation and maintenance of systems across multiple platforms, middleware applications, database technologies and high availability solutions. Your job will also include database administration, capacity planning, performance management and security compliance. (Systems management tools are also used to monitor the operational status of clients' environments as well.)
Come work with exceptional people, just like you. Join us.
Interested in learning more about IBM? Check out the IBM Global Careers newsletter.
The ideal candidate in the Windows Server Specialist position will provide the following tasks:
• Last level support for OS and application related problems on Windows server platforms (most commonly Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016)
• Perform regular System Administrator tasks
• Install and configure operating systems
• Identify and prevent operating system and application failures
• Control and maintain security and compliance, implement corporate security standards
• Manage Backup & Recovery
• Support Server Hardware Additional requirements Requirements:
• Strong communication skills in English
• Team player
• Strong analytical skills
• Knowledge of at least one of the following Application technologies:
-Windows Domains Management
-MS Active Directory Support
-Cluster Environment Management
-IP Services Support Preferred
• MCP, MCSA or MCSE
• Experience in: - MS SQL Server or - DB2 or - MS Exchange Server or - Citrix server solutions Similar experience in large enterprise environment
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- Health/insurance related benefits (AYCM sports card, private health insurance, pension plan contribution, life insurance)
- Commuting and relocation support
- Special discounts with IBM card
- New employee referral bonus
- International environment, development and career opportunities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Min. 2 years experience, deep technical knowledge
Fluent English is required to fulfill the position
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top