IT Security Services Specialist- Network Security
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Perform steady state management of various security infrastructure and solutions such as NGFW, UTM, IDS/IPS, WAF, Email/Web Security, etc
- Review and analyze client requests, translate them into policies and rules and deploy to managed appliances/systems; following all processes and procedures, minimizing chances of failures and outages to client environments.
- Regularly review product announcements, advisories and create remediation plans and implement to mitigate associated risks.
- Lead and participate in troubleshooting sessions to find root cause of issues and provide quick workarounds and timely resolutions within client SLAs.
- Perform all activities adhering to IBM policies and guidelines, client policies when applicable and contribute towards continuous improvements to the services.
- Perform assigned activities in on-call rotations, provide pager coverage and perform change and incident management outside of normal shift hours, whenever required.
- Participate and contribute towards creating and maintaining effective operational and technical documentation. Be a team player and proactively identify and escalate to management any risks and opportunities in the managed services.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English Fluent (verbal and written)
- Experience in a Security Operations role
- Network security skills in multiple areas such as - (Firewall rules, UTM, WAF, VMS, EDR, Sandbox solutions, NAC, IPS/IDS, Load Balancer, etc.), preferably on any of the following technologies: Cisco Firepower/ASA, FortiNet, Palo Alto, F5 WAF, FireEye, ForeScout, BlueCoat, etc.
- IT service management tools and methodologies (ITIL)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Canadian Security Level 2 Secret Cleared
- Language: Bilingual (English & French)
- SIEM experience, preferably on QRadar, including management, rules creation, use case deployment, reporting, correlation, and investigation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology
- Sound understanding of Industry Leading security Solutions
- Industry recognized security certifications. (Eg. CISSP, CISM, CEH, Security+, etc.).
- Technical certifications, product and vendor specific certifications (Eg. CCNA, CCSP, FNSE, PCNSE, BCCPA, JNCIS-FWV, etc.).
- Client facing experience supporting large scale security solutions.
- Sound understanding of networking concepts
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
As an IT Security Services Specialist you will apply your cyber security knowledge and skills to defend our clients from increasingly complex and persistent cyber threats using our advanced and industry leading security tools and products, best practices, and following robust security operations processes and procedures.
Working with a team of security professionals in our SOC at Markham, you will be involved in deployment and integration activities, device management, policy management, event analysis and triage, service-level reporting and other security related tasks.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top