IT Security Risk Consultant
IBM is a global technology and innovation company present in India since 1992. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with approximately 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation.
Business Unit Introduction :
CIO Business Transformation and Information Technology is a cross-functional organization acting as an IT partner to various IBM's Business in creating a single Enterprise Integration and Governance Model, while accelerating the delivery of business value, improving service quality, simplifying BT/IT processes and delivering operational efficiency.
Who you are:
As a IT Security Risk Consultant you will be responsible for assessing and identifying cybersecurity threats and concerns of emerging technologies such as Cloud, container, IoT, mobile, APIs and risks of new operating models such as DevOps, social coding, increasing reliance on 3rd parties, etc. You will be responsible to perform a detailed analysis of the identified strategic risks, including quantitative assessment, benchmarking with industry standards, learning best practices from external sources and provide cost-effective recommendations to mitigate the risk. You will coordinate with senior executives responsible for addressing the risk and develop action plan to remediate the risk. The role will manage and oversee strategic risk remediation until it is mitigated to a point where it is no more a strategic risk.
What you'll do:
• Serve as cybersecurity risk expert and advisor for senior management on emerging threat, attacks, vulnerabilities and security concerns
• Familiarize with organization's agile security risk management framework and use the framework to identify strategic security risks
• Establish a process to identify strategic security risks / concerns and drive mitigation of the risk.
• Report to IBM CISO and senior management on the status of strategic risks mitigation
• Coordinate with Business Unit Information Security Officer (BISO) and other senior executives in the business units, to understand business objectives, strategic assets, key security challenges and concerns and formulate them to develop strategic risk statement for the Unit.
• Interlock with Enterprise Risk Management, Business Controls and Internal Audit function and provide an assurance on the strategic security risk management
• Be knowledgeable about current security threats, events and breaches in the industry
How we'll help you grow:
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Broad knowledge and understanding of cloud security architecture, container security, mobile security, IoT protection, application security, API management and encryption
• Should have experience in assessing the risk of DevOps environment, complex cloud network architecture or IoT environments
• Broad domain knowledge and ability to keep abreast on emerging threats, vulnerabilities and attacks
• Proven knowledge of cybersecurity industry standards, laws and regulations
• Ability to collaborate with numerous and diverse stakeholders in cross-geo locations working in different time zones
• Knowledge on various risk assessment and management methodologies
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Third party risk management
• Knowledge on quantitative risk assessments such as FAIR is preferable.
• Broad domain knowledge on agile development methodologies
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top