IT Project Manager Level 2
- Alajuela, Costa Rica
At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team's overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Project Manager Job Description: The Project Manager leads cross functional teams to complete projects within allotted timeline and budget. Participate in the development of work plans, schedules, project estimates and financials, resource plans, and status reports. Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables. Coordinates technical efforts dealing with different aspects of IT environment. Effective communication, both verbal and written, is critical for successfully delivering projects and ensuring client satisfaction.
- IT Infrastructure Project Management - responsible for the delivery of tasks and to ensure projects complete on-time, within budget and with the expected functionality
- Directs the efforts of project team
- A flexible work schedules.
- Responsibility for managing low to high complexity projects, or projects within programs which may span multiple regions and/or multiple functions.
- Owns scheduling, coordinating, assigning resources, and assisting in recommending business solutions/alternatives for projects
- Assesses, identifies, and manages project risks, issues, escalations and problem resolutions
- Facilitates jeopardy resolution across project team and communicates plans with client team
- Manages project scope and ensures completion of projects while meeting quality
- Acts as project liaison between IT partners, client organizations and AT&T IT leadership.
- Ensure team is updated on status of their infrastructure delivery/migration and help track down answers or resolve issues on their behalf - Strong communication skills is required
- Owns overall health of the project
- Act as the end to end escalation point of the project team
- Ensure technical documents meet timelines and outline the necessary scope and deliverables
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 1-3 years of experience with data center infrastructure/network related projects
- Strong English communication skills; both verbal and written
- Knowledge of lifecycle, cost, delivery and support aspects about one or more of the following areas: SAN/NAS Storage, Servers, Hypervisors, Cloud, Windows, VMware, Virtual Appliances, Physical Network, Network Services, Enterprise Backup and Recovery.
- Microsoft Project, Excel and Power Point
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top