IT Network Capacity Manager
- Dallas, TX
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a member of the Cloud Shared Services (CSS) program, the Capacity Manager will support projects and customers within the IBM CSS program. This position focuses on Capacity Management such as:
- Perform capacity planning and analysis based on clients consumption and capacity forecasts
- Provide recommendations based on expected growth
- Define priorities and identify bypasses in case of (potential) congestion
- Establish utilization thresholds and ensure ordering of hardware capacity when required
- Optimize infrastructure costs vs additional growth revenue (increase in number of VMs)
- Dashboards / File System capacity / Building reports ( Vsphere - ESX -- Storage)
- Monthly customer presentation ( dashboard / KPI etc ... )
- Work with Architecture team for new build/solution details
- Candidate must possess a US "Public Trust" clearance, Secret (or higher) clearance, or be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Capacity management and planning
- Strong Cloud IT infrastructure experience across multiple disciplines (compute, storage, network, security, and operating systems)
- Understanding of highly available, large scale, enterprise deployments
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with security tools and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to solicit requirements and design solutions to meet those requirements
- Familiarity with Agile and/or DevOps processes and methodologies
- Excellent teamwork skills.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- ITIL® Intermediate Level Certification desired
- IC Agile Certification desired
- Experience with IT service management best practices
- Ability to create formal documentation
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
US Citizenship required.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top