IT Data Scientist Intern - INTERNSHIP/STAGE for 2020
The IBM Belgium Healthcare department develops and supports innovative IT solutions for clinicians, patients and hospitals. We have a large client base in Wallonia, Brussels and Flanders. Our goal is to improve outcomes for the patient and raise the quality of care.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is recruiting for the position of IT Data Scientist - INTERNSHIP/STAGE for 2020.
What you will do:
- Actively participate on Healthcare projects related to the application of artificial intelligence / cognitive technologies (eg IBM Watson)
- Assist in developing the IBM products in support of clinical decision support and analytics
- Support data analysis and data integration with various sources and formats
- Configure analytics solutions using commercial products
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in one local language, either Dutch or French
- The student must be registered at a university with the purpose of obtaining a Master's or Bachelor's degree.
- Students who have already graduated are no more eligible, even if supported by the school, unless they have a new school registration in place to obtain an additional degree.
- Non-EU students studying are not eligible.
- This internship should last for a period of 60 working days (approximately 3 months).
Your application documents should include an informative CV as well as a cover letter with possible start for the internship. In addition please upload your matriculation confirmation from your University.
Please note: to upload further documents such as cover letter, certificates, references , you can upload them in the Candidate Zone after submitting your application: Candidate Zone>>> Profile>>> My files>>> Other documents
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Student in IT
- Dutch and French: Native speaker in one local language and understanding the second.
- Fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
With our cognitive projects we aim to support doctors with clinical insights based on different data sources and applications. Our mobile projects improve access to healthcare for patients and improve efficiencies in the hospital process flows. We apply IBM's vast global capabilities and best practices for technology (eg Watson, Bluemix) and innovation.
We look for a highly motivated starting Data Scientist to support our teams to build the next generation of Healthcare solutions.
IBM is the world's largest information technology company, with more than 100 years of leadership in helping businesses innovate. Drawing on resources from across IBM and key business partners, IBM offers a wide range of services, solutions and technologies that enable customers, large and small, to take full advantage of the new era of a Smarter Planet. As supplier of global solutions, we develop not only the best solutions for our customers, but we also create a company with human dimensions. A place where work is fun.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top