IT Architect - Hardware Resource Management
Hardware Resource Management (HRM) is expanding to provide (pre-sales) technical support to IBM Global Services sales and to Asset Management.
The support is provided in response to requests for help with qualified sales leads and covers all aspects of technical support needed to prepare a proposal including system design, sizing and capacity planning, connectivity and interoperability with other product platforms and answering RFP/RFI's .
These roles involve support for IBM Storage Systems and IBM Power Systems products.
Responsibilities include understanding the needs of the Sales Reps, Account reps or Technical Sellers to provide pre-sales technical support. After listening to the requirements, advise on the technical solution best suited to their potential sale, while minimising cost to IBM:
- Size and design topologies for potential solutions.
- Provide advice and guidance on solution and technical aspects of products involved.
- Identify and recommend when the customer should engage Solutions Assurance Reviews (SAR) / Technical Delivery Assessments (TDA) and provide advice on risk assessment on the bid.
- Build customer satisfaction by understanding the IT management implications, and operational and support considerations of developing and maintaining the recommended solution.
- Identify opportunities for re-use of existing solutions and technical sales collateral.
- Assist client and IBM understanding technical risks associated with introducing the business solution.
- Articulate features, benefits and value of products within the solution, and comparison with competition.
- Propose the most technically appropriate solutions that fits within any allocated client budget.
- Providing assistance with the research and preparation of RPI/RFI responses.
- Provide Technical Enablement information on new products and solutions to the field.
- Drive the account to team use the GATS global Standard HW configuration.
- Develop technical intelligence in the form of reusable intellectual capital and publish this material to the GATS FAQ system or other business relevant archives.
- Think outside of the box to identify and propose best practices, processes, tools, and services which improve GATS efficiency and/or the quality and value of the services we provide to our clients.
Excellent communication skills are required for the preparation of newsletters and technical sales collateral.
Preferably educated to degree level, with an enthusiastic interest in supporting the client and the technology that IBM produces. Previous experience in a pre-sales technical support or technical support role is useful but not essential. Ability to work independently and with people at all levels in the organisation. General interest in Technical Sales Support and Business processes.
- Understanding of IBM Storage Systems and/or IBM Power Systems product and solution ranges
- Storage or Power Systems technical certifications preferred
- Knowledge of networking principles and computer architecture
- Understanding of Competition, e.g. HP/Dell and Cisco UCS servers etc
- Understand and articulate technical product strategies
- Understanding of Total Cost of Ownership considerations
- Experience of sales engagement processes.
- Experience of IBM tools such as econfig, Disk Magic and capacity planning tools
- Experience of ISV products such as SAP, SAP HANA ,Oracle APPS and DB would be an advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to analyse complex technical issues
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure, including political sensitivity
- Track record as effective team member in both virtual and local teams
- Proven ability to meet demanding client deadlines.
- English: Fluent (mandatory)
- Also experience in another language would be an advantage (e.g. Japanese, Spanish, Russian, French, German, Italian )
- Think40 - access to a universe of knowledge through various education channels
- Working on international projects in multicultural teams
- Coaching and mentoring sessions
- Opportunities to constantly learn evolving technologies
- Friendly open office environment & flexible working hours
- Languages classes free of charge
- Discounts in various restaurants & cultural places
- Private medical and life insurance package
- Multisport Card
- Summer camps for children
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
As in Job Description
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
As in Job Description
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top