IoT Leader - Middle East & Africa
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM and its clients are ushering in a new cognitive era. IBM extends the power of cognitive computing to the billions of connected devices, sensors and systems that comprise the IoT. Why? Because IoT is testing the limits of programmable computing, and Cognitive IoT is how we will overcome those limits. It is how we will accomplish the transformational outcomes we know are both possible and necessary-from operational efficiency to customer experience to industry disruption.
The IBM IoT product line delivers a market leading, comprehensive portfolio that includes a robust development platform, advanced statistical and predictive analysis, enabling customers to predict future events and proactively act to drive better business outcomes. With unique technology and methodology, these capabilities can be easily deployed into existing business processes for better, faster decision making.
We are looking to hire a new Watson IoT Leader for Middle East & Africa whose main role will be to lead and manage sales professionals for sales of IBM products, solutions and/or services to meet/exceed client expectations, key business measurements and IBM reporting requirements. As IoT Leader you must have strong leadership skills with passion for building top performing teams. You will also have the ability to collaborate and communicate be the creative problem solver, be open to change and have the ability to work in complex, matrix managed organizational environments. We are in search of a high energy leader that speaks with passion.
IBM has the largest trove of software, services, cloud, and Xaas in the world. Combined with the vast relationships with companies both large and small makes this position is highly visible in the market as well in the IoT industry.
- Creating and executing sales GtM strategy across MEA
- Enterprise-level business selling and consulting skills working in a senior capacity
- Corporate-wide leadership on IoT solutions. This includes active engagement with clients and prospects-mapping complex business and technical solutions across IoT/IBM capabilities and the client environment/business objectives.
- Assign individuals and collaborate with other leaders to allocate employee resources in a manner that best meets the needs of the customer, IBM, and individual development needs.
- Accountability for business results including exceeding sales targets, building sales pipeline, meeting client satisfaction, productivity, and other business measurements.
- Lead your teams focus on client deployment & cloud adoption to drive client success and secure future IoT software sales.
- Foster teamwork and inclusion across organizations, cultures, and geographies
and promote IBM's diversity and inclusive leadership and IBM Values.
- Support activities and projects involving cross-functional teams that contribute to IBM success.
- Establish clear performance expectations and hold people accountable for results. Recognize contributions by employees.
- Lead by example in all activities. Lead in a manner that enhances IBM's climate and business results.
- Experience in designing and running a MEA Business
- People manager experience
- Sales experience to drive large deals in MEA, coach sellers and help creating and supporting complicated negotiations
- Experience in public speaking
- Team Player
- Experience in managing Partners and developing new eco-systems and GtMs
- Experience in Buildings, Industrial, E&U, Travel and Transportation sector
- Successful sales track record
- Creating and managing an OI engine for future qtrs
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
Refer to JD
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
Refer to JD
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top