Internship/Praktikum: Automate SAP HANA installation on IBM Power
Your Role and Responsibilities
Design and implement end-to-end SAP HANA automated installation procedure on IBM Power Linux.
In our department we are responsible for porting different SAP software to the IBM servers. During this exercise you will get in touch with SAP in memory database (SAP HANA) and with the setup automation of this product on IBM Power servers. There already exist certain building blocks for automation but no complete end-to-end procedure. You will investigate how to put different steps together.
You will learn how to:
- Use terraform with IBM PowerVC to provision VMs and attach storage volumes to these VMs
- Make block storage available on OS level for applications
- Perform SAP HANA installation
Interested ? To apply for this position, please read section 'requirements'. When applying, please scan all of the following documents into one single pdf file and upload online as your 'Resume/CV':
1) Motivation Letter including your availability from-to
2) CV incl. your level of German
3) University enrollment document ('Imma')
4) Current transcript of records and other relevant certificates / references
5) Non-EU citizen: copy of passport, residence and work permit (where available)
Thank you !
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Computer science, 4 Semester or more
- Linux: good system knowledge
- Systems Management: basic knowledge
- Storage concepts: basic knowledge
- Programing: Python, bash
- German and English fluent
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Peter M.Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top