Internet of Things Sales Representative
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
To succeed in the role you should:
- Work tightly together with our Business Partners to identify and close IoT opportunities.
- Engage with client decision makers to prove the value of our solutions.
- Maintain a high level of solution expertise and competitive intelligence.
- Effectively demonstrate the capabilities of Watson IoT Solution family products Utilize social media and creative ideas to find new opportunities.
- Have relationship building and account management skills to expand business within existing customers.
- Build a plan for your own success so we can together remove any roadblocks.
- Build a rich pipeline that yields good business every month. Orchestrate the many resources at your disposal across IBM and its partner ecosystem. Collaborate with other IBM units on cross-lob pursuits
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- software sales, solution sales or consultation
- experience from a client-facing role
- Good and demonstrated domain expertise from at least one of Watson IoT's core business domains (e.g. industrial equipment maintenance, IoT, Industry 4.0, Continuous Engineering), or solid expertise from other relevant domain or industry
- Good understanding of selling Saas solutions
- Strong team player
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Skills in Enterprise Asset Management, Predictive Analytics, Predictive Maintenance, and/or IoT Solutions
- Solution sales
- Manufacturing industry knowledge
- Social media skills
- Negotiation skills
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Peter M.Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top