Intern Software Engineer
The global cost of cyber-crime is expected to reach over 2 trillion dollars by 2019. At IBM Security, our mission is to protect our clients from various attacks including malware, identity theft, and fraud. IBM Security delivers an integrated system of analytics, real-time defences and proven experts.
IBM is seeking intern developers to join their software lab in Cork. IBM Ireland plays a key role in developing and supporting IBMs technology in Cloud, Analytics, Mobile, Social, Security, and Cognitive computing.
Reporting to a Development Manager and working with a global team, you will design, code, and test new product features. You will also be exposed to build automation and DevOps work, product documentation, and work with QA teams on defect resolution.
• Work as part of an Agile team to understand feature requirements.
• Design, code, and test product features.
• Help to maintain, support, and optimize development environments to enable continuous software delivery.
• Work with QA teams to resolve defects.
• Contribute to product documentation.
• Do appropriate education, planning, and follow-through to stay technically current.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
A keen interest in Software Development.
• Self-starter who learns new technologies quickly, can multi-task, and has strong problem solving skills.
• Understanding for design, development, and testing with respect to Software Development.
• Non-relational database (e.g. Cloudant, MongoDB) understanding desirable.
• Experience in the use of APIs desirable.
• Works well in a team environment but is also able to work independently.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top