Inside/Digital Sales Representative (Bilingual - English & French)
There is no other company like IBM and there is no business professional like the IBMer. We are united by a single purpose: to be essential. We do that by leveraging the most advanced technology (e.g, cloud, analytics, cognitive) to change how our clients work and run their businesses.
We have an immediate opening for an Inside/Digital Sales Representative (Bilingual) that that thrives in a fast-paced sales environment and where you will have the opportunity to specialize on specific areas of IBM's Solution Portfolio and be the ambassador to our IBM clients/prospects, providing them with a superior customer experience at all times
The Inside/Digital Sales Representative is at the forefront to represent IBM to those clients that have shown interest in IBM but may not yet be clear on how IBM can help as well as to prospect to new clients that may not yet be engaged with IBM. The Inside/Digital Sales Representative works with the client to understand their business challenges/needs and to translate that to how IBM offerings (cloud, analytics, cognitive, systems, services, industry solutions) can help address that need.
If you are a highly motivated sales professional that has a passion for addressing your customers business challenges and are looking for a chance to learn critical sales skills in a dynamic and collaborative work environment that provides great support and continuous learning opportunities for advanced technologies like cloud, analytics and cogntiive, then this role may be a great fit for you. Below is more specifics of the activities our Inside/Digital Sales Representatives perform the following tasks within their specialization: • Identify and qualify new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow up and outbound sales plays
• Leverage sales, offering and technical expertise to listen to client needs and translate that to how IBM's offerings (e.g, cloud, analytics, cognitive, systems, services, industry solutions) can help so to land new opportunities and seamlessly pass them to the appropriate opportunity owner (following brand defined IBM Routes to Market)
• Leverage strong prospecting, sales and relationship management skills to achieve weekly, monthly and quarterly sales lead/opportunity targets as well as other defined objectives.
• Research accounts and contact customers and prospects daily via social selling/phone to generate and nurture leads generated from marketing campaigns, targeted sales plays/call campaigns and prospecting
• Actively follow-up sell-cycle leads progression, provide feedback on IBM marketing campaigns and document customer pain points and requirements using established reporting tools
• Represent IBM at external events (i.e, working in IBM booths) to help clients interested in IBM solutions understand how IBM can help given the client needs and nurture that relationship for ongoing follow up.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Languages: English and French - both fluent
1- 3 years of sales experience, ideally new business development role (inside or outside sales) and technology/solution sales.
Experience successfully calling into clients across various levels/lines of business with a track record of achieving and succeeding goals.
Demonstrate d ability to positively influence customers and to assess their needs effectively ( e..g. propose options/solutions , handle objections )
Upbeat, self-motivated team player who is a fast learner and is motivated by the challenge of developing new customer relationships and increasing revenue growth within their targeted area
Excellent verbal and written communications skills to effectively communicate IBM's value proposition and interact effectively with prospective client contacts
Outstanding organizational and follow-thru skills that include the ability to prioritize and execute on given tasks
Canadian citizenship required
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology
Experience selling products/services via the telephone is an asset
Working knowledge (obtained via internships, work experience, coursework, and/or extra-curricular projects) of popular development lifecycle methodologies, such as: DevOps, Agile (e.g. SCRUM, XP, or Kanban)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top