Infrastructure Support Specialist
About IBM: IBM is a global technology and innovation company present in India since 1992. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with approximately 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, AI and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we build. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation. Our Culture: IBM is committed to crafting a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to your race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status
Business Unit Introduction: IBM Chief Information Office (CIO) Network Engineering team is working to transform their network services which can deliver to the demands of changing IT landscape. We are working in the areas of Hybrid Cloud connectivity, Network visibility (Monitoring, Analytics), Network service automation and network security and compliance. Our work is all about enabling IBM strategy by giving IBMers the modern network they need to do their work, be responsive to our clients, and to act with speed and agility. Our organization plays a key role in IBM's ability to turn vision into reality by making our network services simpler, more intuitive and more effective for our developers.
Who you are: As a Cloud Service Support Specialist, you will be working closely with infrastructure and development team to provide support to consumers of Network Services / Cloud Services which enables hybrid cloud connectivity and network automations. Ideally you should be working in an agile environment. Work multi-functionally with distributed multi-geography, ad-hoc teams.
What you'll do: As a Network Service Support specialist, you will have to
- Demonstrate our products and services in terms of the market and the competition.
- Help transform network services to a fully automated dev-ops approach
- Evaluate research and external technologies through rapid Proof of Concepts with partners and customers
- Ability to generate ideas for new features through innovation and market / industry expertise
- Engage in cross-company solution development task forces
- Help on-board customers onto Enterprise network services, providing white glove service as needed
- Generate reusable assets, whitepapers, articles around standard methodologies of the use of network services
- You'll have access to all the technical training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field
- You'll have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5 - 7 years of experience in cloud support engineer.
- 3+ years of hands on experience in Linux Administration
- At least 2 years in scripting languages (shell, Perl/python, ansible).
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP, data networks (LAN/WAN) and IP tables/firewalls.
- Proven soft skills
- Self-starter, willing to learn
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top