Infrastructure Specialist - UNIX
Power Virtualization Admin Job Description:
- Assists in identifying and addressing performance issues.
- Configures HMCs & VIOs for designed network connectivity.
- Configures ITM monitoring. Or applicable monitoring
- Coordinate with CE/Hands-eyes during issues.
- Performs virtual hardware inventory once the Hardware is installed.
- Installs the HMCs & VIOs including all the relevant security fixes.
- Interacts with the network team in case of issues.
- Maintains availability of systems to meet the SLA requirements.
- Manages the authentication and authorization to HMCs & VIOs
- Perform DR activities (when related to Hypervisor skills)
- Perform LPM of LPARs as and when needed.
- Performs all the recommended ITCS104 security settings - HMC & VIOs
- Performs changes to HMCs & VIOs to meet the production/security requirements.
- Plans and installs System Firmware upgrades
- Prepares the HMCs & VIOs for automated tools (such as Darwin/Chef/Tivoli/Capacity management etc.)
- Scripting skills (at least 1 person with a high level of skill in this area)
- Prepartion for physical decommission of Frames/ VIOs / HMCs (SW)
- Runs ITCS104 recommended security scans and takes appropriate actions to meet the compliance requirements.
- Upgrades the HMCs & VIOs to appropriate levels as and when needed.
- Verifies the HMC & VIOs network connectivity.
- Will monitor for hardware issues and will take appropriate actions to address issues.
- Work on day to day production issues including troubleshooting
- Ensures regular HMC backups.
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- Health/insurance related benefits (AYCM sports card, private health insurance, pension plan contribution, life insurance)
- Commuting and relocation support
- Special discounts with IBM card
- New employee referral bonus
- International environment, development and career opportunitie
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
3+ years experience within UNIX
2+ years experience at multinational company
English: at least intermediate level
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
ITIL knowledge and / or certification
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top