Infrastructure Specialist System Administration
- Braşov, Romania
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world's relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is transforming to lead. Join the next generation of innovators, inventors, and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works. Use breakthrough Cognitive computing to help doctors transform patient care, bankers reduce risk, businesses extract critical insights and clinicians diagnose and treat rare pediatric diseases. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
Ready to define a new era in technology and business? Develop an innovative infrastructure specialist and advance your career by working for one of the world's leading technology companies.
- Working with ticketing software (Incidents, Service requests and Change management).
- Configuring, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting Linux/Suse/AIX VMs and physical servers. Performing audit tasks on cloud servers.
- Responsibility with processing Incidents and Services Requests for application and compliance with the SLAs and the implementation of the necessary measures.
- Responsibility to analyze the techniques in case of escalations or malfunctions (Incidents Impact 1 & 2)
- Prepares and processes pro and reactive Problem Tickets in his department.
- Prepares and implements changes in its department.
- Responsible for the supervision of the tickets in SC2 and the good functioning of the application.
- Keeps the application documentation updated (BHB / SHB etc)
- Prepares and updates SKM (Service knowledge Management - IT solutions) on the application.
- Implement new projects on applications together with the team of which it is part.
- In case, of taking over new applications, or in case of internal transitions, he is responsible for the technical and professional acquisition of knowledge.
- Planning the leave (with stand-in appointment, HO) in agreement with the team of which it is part.
- Bachelor's Degree: IT/Computer Science, Engineering, Technology
- Proven working experience with a least one of the following Systems: Windows, Unix, Linux and at least one of the programming languages such as Java, C++, or scripting languages: Windows Batch Scripting, Bash Scripting
- Troubleshooting in Unix/Linux - proven experience with Unix based systems
- Oracle/SQL - be able to create, run and analyze queries
- Experience working with Ticket Systems ( such as Remedy, Optis, JIRA or others)
- Analytical thinking (to be able to identify root cause of a problem - log and code analysis)
- Customer-facing ( to be able to communicate in such a manner that is understandable to the end customer )
- English: Fluent
Nice to Have:
- German Skills
- Application and Web Servers Administration
- PL/SQL know-how represents a plus
- Bash Scripting
- website and WebSphere know-how and troubleshooting represents a plus
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with Linux , Windows, AIX/UNIX
- DB knowledge: SQL/Oracle
- English: Fluent
- German: Medium - nice to have
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in technical support required.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top