IBM is currently hiring an Infrastructure Specialist for the IBM Z Client Center Team.
Location: This person will be working at the Poughkeekpsie IBM Site located at 2455 South Road Poughkeepsie NY 12601
Join an elite team of Infrastructure Specialist Professionals who design, construct, implement and perform systems integration utilizing the latest z/OS, Linux and z/VM Operating Systems, Hardware and Software technologies in the areas of, (Cloud, Analytics, Mobile and Security).
Infrastructure Specialists in this job role will have expertise in managing and operation of IT hardware, software, communications, and/or application solutions, and the resources required to plan for, develop, deliver, and support properly engineered IT services and products to meet the needs of a Client's business.
You will be given significant autonomy and flexibility to have a meaningful impact on our customers and our internal teams / business. Come take a peek at some of the very cool stuff we are doing @ www.ibm.com
- Engage new and established clients to identify technical solutions to solve business problems.
- Interact with other internal departments such as Sales and Technical Sales, Software and Hardware Development and System Test.
- Design and configure client solutions utilizing IBM's latest Operating Systems, (z/OS, z/VM, Linux on z).
- Installing and configuring the latest software solutions, (CICS, VSAM, DB2, MQ, MLz, WebSphere and more)
- Creating Hardware and Software Demonstrations, Running Benchmarks, Proof of Concepts, and Proof of Technologies.
- Innately driven to succeed, while also very collaborative.
- Intellectual curiosity in general and especially towards technology.
- Creative problem solver when deciphering client's complex problems.
- Positive, motivational, and inspiring.
- Highly organized with exceptional follow up skills.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Having the ability to turn ideas into reality, communicate effectively, and work closely with others in teams around the world is essential.
- Candidates should have technical skills, a passion for technology and software, strong teaming skills and demonstrated leadership potential.
- The candidate must be able to work in a driven environment and exhibit creative thinking and collaboration.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with IBM's Operating Systems, (z/OS, z/VM and Linux on z)
- Experience with software and hardware setup, configuration, and tuning.
- Experience with software analytics, machine learning, cloud and security
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top