Infrastructure Services Sales Specialist
IS Sales Specialist (HK Digital Sales (HKIS)
IS (Infrastructure Services) sales are responsible to manage sales transactions. The focus is on prospects who have expressed an interest to buy from IBM or non-IBM (Hardware, Software, Services) and need a sales specialist to match their needs with the appropriate offering.
The roles require technical product knowledge as well as the ability for effective communication using various types of communication technics. (phone, e-mail, social media, face-to-face)
The candidates will be assigned to specific territory-based opportunities where they must possess the sales expertise required to conduct all phases of the sales cycle. Technical solutioning and pre-sales technical resource is available to assist in this. For assigned opportunities, they are responsible for closing the sale and positively influencing customer satisfaction with respect to the engagement and IBM offerings.
Role & Responsibility
- Call customers in assigned territory and explore their needs, develop the appropriate solution and close the deal.
- Work closely with Field Sales Reps and supporting function to close the deal including bid preparation, contract negotiation, preparation and contract acceptance
- Present IBM's value and position IBM against competitors.
- Manage a pipeline of sales opportunities independently and provide accurate forecasts. Take ownership of the complete sales and fulfilment process.
- Manage relations with Field Sales Reps and supporting functions in the IBM country organizations.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Technical understanding
- Excellent communication skills (listening, influencing, persuading)
- Proactive, willing to take ownership and initiative.
- Persistent and unafraid of complexity.
- Fluent in English both spoken and written.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top