Infrastructure Architect-Network Integration (Advisory Services)
At IBM Global Technology Services, we are the women and men who design, build and run the foundational systems the world relies on. While companies strive to realize the many benefits of cloud computing, they encounter complexity in seamlessly integrating traditional on-premise systems with cloud-based systems in a secure and efficient manner. Software-defined networking is the key to meeting next-generation agility, innovation, and application demands in the cloud. IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) is expanding its proven excellence in hybrid cloud networking to help lead clients through the complexity associated with the design and deployment of hybrid cloud network connectivity. We are seeking experienced network architects to join our Network Services Business. Architects will work with IBM sales teams and IBM clients to help with the design and implementation of hybrid cloud networking solutions. The senior level network architect will work with executives, manegement, and technical staff of IBM clients to provide guidance on options and solutions available to them for hybrid cloud solutions.
Activities performed by the network architect will include:
- Provide technical leadership to IBM sales teams to develop solutions, cost cases, and implementation milestone plans for inclusion in client proposals.
- Provide technical leadership and perform analysis activity to IBM clients to help them develop network designs and implementation plans for their hybrid cloud network integration needs.
- Provide guidance and education to IBM sales field network architects on best practices and methods for hybrid cloud network integration and software-defined networking.
- Work with IBM's internal offering management team to utilize intellectual capital from field experience to develop repeatable, standard service offerings around software-defined networking for hybrid cloud network integration.
- Work with IBM's internal product and services development teams to define and implement automated orchestration and system management solutions for software-defined networking infrastructures.
- Anticipate technology and market trends to help influence network services offerings strategy.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Enterprise-class networking architecture, design, implementation, and support - 10 years
- Software Defined Networking - 3 years
- Virtual network functions (router, firewall, load balancing, etc.) - 2 years
- Core networking - 10 years
- Load balancing (F5, Netscaler) - 5 years
- SoftLayer cloud, network provisioning and deployment (Fortigate, Vyatta) - 2 years
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, including contributing to bid proposals, strategy whitepapers, and best practices documents.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to business leaders, including c-level executives, and prepare effective presentations for same.
- Flexibility to work across multiple time zones and work with differing cultures.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Network virtualization experience with VMware NSX
- Cloud networking provisioning and deployment in AWS, Azure, Google - 2 years
- Use of orchestration technology in deploying network services - 2 years
- Active Directory - 5 years
- Agile methodology - 1 year
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top