Information Systems Security Officer
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
Information Systems Security Officer
The AIT Cybersecurity Team delivers secure networked solutions in order to protect mission essential information within the customer's site. Provide expert technical services on all aspects of Information Security. Responsible for writing information security policy drafts; writing and reviewing Memorandum of Agreements and coordinating and managing all aspects of the Certification and Accreditation. Advise and assess system design/architecture as well as defining; designing and evaluating information security systems. Manage multi-agency information sharing and integration security. Maintain affiliations with high-level personnel at multiple agencies and organizations involved in Information Security. Tasking includes incident response; system access approval; audit log review; Configuration Control Board and daily consultations/consulting on a wide variety of security issues. Report; document and investigate all security related incidents; assist with development and implementation of corrective measures. Media transfer between systems of differing classifications in accordance with ICD 503 and local procedure.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• TS / SCI w/Poly
• 8-10 yrs of experience in data security admin
• BS Degree in CS or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training/work experience
• Advanced knowledge of data security administration principles, methods, and techniques
• Certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment
• Familiarity with domain structures, user authentication, and digital signatures, f irewall theory & configuration
• Understanding of DHS/DoD policies and procedures, including FIPS 199, FIPS 200, NIST 800-53, DHS 4300A SSH and other applicable policies.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• CISSP certification or equivalent (CAP; GSLC; CISM)
• System administration experience
• Network engineering experience
• System design and development experience
• Defines; plans; designs; and evaluates information security systems
• Assesses architecture and current hardware limitations; defines and designs system specifications; input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
• Performs a variety of complex tasks associated with information security ranging from the design of security components to complex architectures
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top