Information Security Analyst
IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, "Be essential." We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that inspires, in an environment where growth is encouraged. IBM'ers get to discover their potential, so they're inspired to create breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We're building diverse teams with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us - you'll be proud to call yourself an IBM'er.
Business Unit Introduction:
IBM Watson Health represents a new partnership between humanity and technology. The era of cognitive healthcare is here. It's time to transform health with new ways of working to improve approaches to care, productivity and well-being.
IBM Watson Health's cognitive systems understand, reason and learn - helping to translate information into knowledge that can help drive more informed decision-making. With cognitive computing, we can see and analyze more data than ever before - and achieve more than we ever thought possible.
IBM Watson Health offers complete end-to-end value based solutions to optimize performance, engage consumers, deliver effective care and manage entire patient populations. It provides robust data integration and aggregation competency, risk-stratified analytics, performance measurement reporting, care management and care coordination tools, and patient engagement solutions that help enable every member of the care team to function at the highest level. Our exclusive innovation in cognitive computing enhances and accelerates expertise while facilitating collaboration and containing cost. This translates to a streamlined approach to managing population health for you and your health system.
Who you are:
As an Information Security Analyst,
- You will work with a team responsible for technical leadership in development and execution of strategies for design and implementation for securing the environment, managing risk, and meeting regulatory compliance for the Watson Health.
- You will apply your expertise to provide hands-on assistance to security tools such as, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), change control and overall endpoint security. The overall security team works together to incorporate multiple disciplines to support an overall secure infrastructure.
What you'll do:
As an Information Security Analyst, you will be responsible for -
- Integration, testing, and operation of various information security tools such Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and privilege use management.
- Coordinated with vendors in support of security tools and solutions.
- Administer and monitor the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system (Splunk)
- Understanding of ethical hacking approaches and tools
- Understanding of Intrusion Detection/Prevention operations
- Maintain compliance in regulated industries such as HIPAA and FDA
- Ability to plan, communicate and collaborate technically with peers across organizations to achieve aggressive work goals
- Ability to incorporate asset management to coordinate and correlate key security and compliance controls
- Help to enable compliance with Watson Health security policy and standards.
- Collaboration with infrastructure and operations team to identify and manage security risks.
- Make recommendations to mitigate identified security risks
- Collaborate with the tools deployment team to help configure and tune security tooling.
- Documenting the agreed upon security solutions and artifacts of execution.
How we'll help you grow:
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be.
- IBM grants you to a significant collection of training material to advance your knowledge of information security, technology, health care, and many other topics that you may be interested in.
- You'll learn directly from expert Security Analyst and Architects in the field; our team believes in cross training and collaboration to ensure we all can learn from each other.
- You have access to the technology support group allowing opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4-5 years of experience in Security Operations.
- Expertise to provide hands-on assistance to security tools such as Data Loss Prevention (DLP), change control, overall endpoint security along with an understanding of ethical hacking approaches & tools.
- 1-2 years of experience on either of Security tools like
- DLP Forcepoint(Websense)
- SIEM Splunk Vulnerability Assessment
- Nessus Intrusion Detection
- Secureworks Cyber Security
- Fireeye Encryption
- Vormetric Tripwire
- Beyond Trust
- 2+ Years of experience with Data Loss Prevention, Web Filter, and Encryption.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of UNIX/Linux.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly with minimal guidance.
- Dedicated to achieving project schedules and milestones.
- Ability to work in a team environment with aggressive deadlines and multiple priorities while staying a team player.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- CISSP Certification
- Thorough understanding of HIPAA and FDA security controls
- Prior experience with network security (Firewalls, Secure Gateway, Network Encryption)
- Prior experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) operations
- Prior experience with security tooling and concepts such as Vulnerability Scanning, Intrusion Detection, Anti-Malware, Penetration Testing.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top