Information Developer / Software Developer
At IBM Security, our mission is to protect our clients from various attacks including malware, identity theft, fraud, etc. IBM Security delivers an integrated system of analytics, real-time defenses and proven experts; we are currently looking for a Software Developer to come make a difference.
Why join IBM Security?
1. Work for one of the most advanced cyber security companies in the world and one of the world's most trusted brands
2. Work with a globally distributed and diverse international team, with a culture centered on success
3. Competitive compensation and benefit packages
4. A world of opportunity for career growth.
Employees in this role complete information development projects, lead teams, and keep information deliverables organized and on schedule. They apply appropriate technical writing, editing, multimedia, visual design and tools skills, as required. They design and develop elements for User Interface (UI), web, multimedia delivery, print, and other linear and non-linear information deliverables. Preferred skills include: technical writer to develop, maintain, and deliver documentation for one of our key Security products. As a member of our information development team, this role participates in an agile development environment and is responsible for articulating clear user and reference implementations and comprehensive task-based instructions.
Candidate should be a passionate, self-motivated, driven individual who is comfortable working in a matrixed, driven environment. Other duties could include providing Information Development and Design (IDD) tools support.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years experience in technical writing or equivalent experience in a technical environment
- At least 3 years experience writing content in DITA
- At least 3 years experience working in an agile environment
- At least 1 year experience in designing information
- English: Fluent
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Aptitude for understanding complex, technical subjects is an asset
- Familiarity with GitHub or other source control repository system is an asset
- Experience working in Oxygen XML Author
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top