Information Assurance Compliance Officer
- Washington, DC
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this exciting role you will work for the IBM Cybersecurity & Biometrics team.
- The Information Assurance Officer (IAO) will provide information assurance knowledge for the conduct of Information Assurance (IA) duties including System Assessment and Authorization (SA&A), responding to external IT SOC 1 & 2 auditor requests, and addresses findings resulting from internal/external security assessment activities.
- You will have working knowledge of the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, system security architectures, best practices, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures.
- You will lead and assist in the implementation and maintenance of SA&A efforts, validation of system security controls, creating/maintaining security processes/procedures and maintaining continued security compliance for various customers.
- Interface with external customers, to understand contract requirements and define IA related requirements including the estimated level of effort (LOE) to complete taskings that meet the goals of the customer.
- W ill also provide Information Assurance subject matter expertise and translate security requirements into technical designs/solutions.
- You should have excellent customer relations skills.
- M ust be specialized in Information Assurance.
- Work experience or industry certifications demonstrating technical proficiency may be substituted for education requirements.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• RMF or DIACAP A&A lifecycle - 4 Years' experience
• Conduct Information Assurance Control Assessment for DIACAP or NIST controls - 4 Years Experience
• Vulnerability compliance and remediation reporting - 4 Years Experience
• Maintain System Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) - 4 Years experience
• Certified in industry recognized areas such as CISSP, CISA, or Security+
• U.S. Citizenship
Security clearance: Public Trust / Interim Secret
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) - 4 Year Experience
- FedRAMP Regulations - 2 Year Experience
- Governance, Risk, & Compliance (GRC) Applications (e.g. Xacta, Archer, CSAM or eMASS) - 2 Year Experience
About Business Unit
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies
Your Life @ IBM
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
ShuDon B.Data Analyst, Project Management, RPA Specialist
As a member of the shared services team, ShuDon works on internal improvement through Robotic Process Automation. She supports her teammates by finding process solutions to make their workflow more efficient through automation.
Back to top