Industry Solution & Business Development Executive
The Insurance sector is experiencing significant disruption driven by increasing regulatory, low long term interest rates and the threat of players such as FinTechs and technology giants. Insures are heavily focused on improving customer experience through digital and analytics while improving processing efficiency with AI and automation. These investments yield an attractive opportunity for service and technology providers.
Within IBM, a key role of Industry Solutions and Business Development team (ISBD) is to drive business development based on IBMs industry solutions, supporting IBM's medium to long term business and competitiveness in selected industries. Additionally, it is to ensure that the associated plans and enablers are in place to grow IBM capability in those industries.
The Insurance Industry Leader reports to VP ISBD UKI and is responsible for achieving associated business development targets in Insurance across Asia Pacific across all channels. Strong leadership skills are required to bring the cross brands teams together as one IBM to provide compelling, relevant and differentiated offerings to IBM's insurance clients. The Industry Leader will work with ISBD colleagues, marketing and sales staff, solution specialists from all IBM brands as well as Industry architects.
The Industry Leader will develop sales skills, in depth knowledge of our strategic propositions and build eminence in both the marketplace and internally within IBM. The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the following:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Identify relevant industry and technology trends to prioritize IBM's focus and investments in Insurance in Asia Pacific;
- Increase IBM's visibility and eminence through speaking at industry events and hosting executive level client briefing sessions;
- Develop compelling and differentiated value propositions for Insurance clients collaboratively with solution specialists from the brands (GBS, GTS, Cloud, Cognitive) as well as ISBD leaders for other industries for cross-industry propositions e.g. Health Insurance;
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Enable local sales staff to effectively position these value propositions towards clients through both self-study and face-to-face enablement training;
- Drive local sales staff to generate new opportunities and pipeline using these value propositions, support the progression and closing of selected opportunities, and personally lead selected opportunities to closure (100-10-1 funnel);
- Participate in internal management reporting including enablement tracking, pipeline monitoring and select deal reviews;
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top