Industry Consultant: INDUSTRY.Insurance
IBM's Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. When you join IBM you join a culture of openness, collaboration, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever.
We are recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name a few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award 'Best Employer of People with Disabilities' and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive workplace - We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, at IBM.
Business Unit Introduction: We at IBM Global Business Services (GBS) are a dynamic group of Business, Strategy and Technology professionals - a specific source of elite Industry Consulting, Application and Business process management, supported by the industry's most sophisticated outcome-based delivery model. All designed to be the Digital Reinvention partner for leading clients across the world - providing value-led and asset-powered end to end solutions.
With a global footprint in over 170 countries, we are empowering clients to build upon their tremendous heritage in Application Innovation processes and also transform them to a Cloud, Cognitive and Social centric world. With skills across six sectors and 17 industries, all major service lines and competencies, IBM's GBS is a promising business unit in itself to be a part of.
Through our unique global delivery network; IBM offers global expertise coupled with a deep understanding of local capabilities, markets and cultures you could be part of and partner on some great projects with some of the best corporations in the world across geographies. Join the team of high performing culture of talented people, who are motivated and passionate about building and implementing information-based solutions.
Who you are:
- As Industry Consultant for Insurance domain, you will be closely working with Group Life Insurance products such as Majesco Group Life product and Vantage Life product of IT Industry.
- You will be responsible for consulting solutions in Life Insurance (especially in Group Insurance Domain) along with complete system for Group Life Insurance Product USA geography
- Derive consulting solutions for Group Insurance product setup/ product configuration, defining the plans/group products, underwriting, enrolment process, policy/certificate servicing, Group Insurance Billing and Group Insurance Claim process, Document flow for the life cycle including respective integrations process.
- Adopt agile methodology along with SCRUM practice/principles in project implementation
- Responsible for maintaining the product backlog change items, Prioritising the items as per the business need and maintain open communication with all the partners.
- Perform functional analysis of customer's requirements and understand how insurance products will be integrated with proposed solution through collaborating with customer's resources/requirements, workshop sessions.
- Perform impact analysis of the changes requested on the product functions and provide detailed analysis to evaluate the extend of changes, impacted areas of the system, Document the impact, provide walk-throughs and obtain sign-offs from the customer
- Interview customer peers during requirements gathering exercises and eliciting the requirements and deliberations.
- Facilitate/manage design sessions regarding business functionality and/or product logic with the customer.
- Ability to communicate and influence the Business/Design teams to achieve the Business benefit as per the agreed priorities of the requirement
- Support the effort estimation exercise and project planning for implementing the change requests and facilitate the client relationship on the change request delivery.
- Maintain the project documentation being concise, accurate with solid attention to detail and handle the traceability of documents flow along-with the implementation project life cycle
- Conduct functional mock testing and do the system testing in test data creation and support UAT queries/resolutions
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 10+ years of experience as Industry Consultant with expertise in Insurance domain
- Experience in handling multi-vendor solutions along with c-level relationships
- Personal drive and positive work ethic to deliver results within tight deadlines and in demanding situations
- Flexibility to adapt to a variety of engagement types, working hours and work environments and locations
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- FLMI certification and any LOMA certification will be preferred
- Respond to technical queries / requests from team members and customers.
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals.
- Ability to handle change and be open to it along with good time management and an able to work under stress
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top