Industrial Controls Systems Security Architect
The ICS Security Architect must serve as technology and solution advisers with pragmatic experience in Industrial Security Systems security. These architects will act in many ways as technology consultants that can speak to the security landscape, architectural models and solutions credibly, and possess the ability to discuss and present technical ICS security solutions to senior members of a client team.
The architect needs proven knowledge and experience with Industrial Control Systems Security components to include but not limited to Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Intelligent Electronic Device (IED), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), and Remote Terminal Units (RTUs). In addition, an ICS Security Architect must have knowledge and experience with Security Operations Center concepts, processes and SIEM tools.
The ICS Security Architect should also be able to speak to the breadth of an entire security program landscape at an introductory level as well. The architect will provide subject matter expertise through delivery of workshops, as a member of consulting engagements, and as leader on solution design and deployment projects. The architect should be knowledgeable in solution design methodologies such as The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF)
and can generate high quality artifacts such as requirements artifacts, high level and detailed designs and deployment plans.
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- The ability to lead large groups and be a primary facilitator
- Effective written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a project based / client serving model
- Ability to lead and shape client expectations
- Help drive pursuits and engage in complex deals, matching outcomes to expectations
- Ability to work easily with diverse and dynamic teams
- Ability to work in a matrix management model
- Depth of knowledge in Industrial Control Systems Security
- Experience in the design and deployment of technology and solutions in Industrial Control Systems security and the integration of Operational Technology (OT) with Information Technology (IT) SOC solutions.
- Solid understanding and experience working a structured solution design methodology
- Understanding of regulatory compliance requirements (NERC CIP, NIST CSF, ISA/IEC 62443, ISO 27000 Series, PCI, GDPR)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years experience in ICS Security architectural level design
- At least 3 years experience in a professional services firm focused on systems integration projects
- Basic knowledge in working across diverse teams to facilitate solutions
- Basic knowledge in working with Security practitioners
- Readiness to travel 75% travel annually, including international travel
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 1 year experience in working in an international deployment role
- At least 5 years experience in professional services focused on systems integration
- At least 5 years experience in working within the Energy & Utilities industry.
- Knowledge and some experience working with emerging ICS Security products such as Nozomi, CyberX, Verve, Indegy, Claroty, and/or Check Point Software.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top