Indirect Tax Operations Team Leader
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who are we?
The Budapest Indirect Tax Center of Excellence, established in 2008, provides professional Indirect Tax compliance support for IBM companies in more than 50 countries across the Globe.
In the Centre, about 100 dedicated professionals work together to meet the needs of our international IBM clients. We support clients in several European, African, and Asian countries, and we are proud to be a dynamic, multinational team.
Having a strong work ethic and working in a friendly atmosphere are equally important to us, that's why we organize multiple team-building events every year.
Who are you?
- You have a degree in finance/accounting, and 3+ years of experience in VAT
- You'd like to learn about cutting-edge technologies, such as blockchain and its role in Indirect Tax
- You use Excel confidently
- You speak fluent English
- You enjoy communicating and cooperating across teams
- You have strong analytical skills
- You have basic leadership skills
- Problem-solving comes naturally to you
- You can work independently
- You are keen to get to know new tools that make our way of working smarter and more efficient
What can we offer?
- Work in a responsible position supporting IBM clients all over the world
- A dynamic, multinational team with great atmosphere
- Active involvement in our automation project
- Access to IBM's vast array of learning and training facilities - we love to improve!
- Real career advancement possibilities
- Competitive compensation package
- Good location in the heart of Budapest, near Kálvin Square
- Home office once a week
- Review the end-to-end VAT return and reconciliation process for given countries, including VAT returns and tax payments
- Monitor the recovery of Indirect Tax assets
- Review and approve the Indirect Tax related balance sheet account reconciliations including monthly commentary analysis
- Review other reconciliations such as the VAT return to balance sheet reconciliation, base revenue reconciliation, statutory VAT reconciliation
- Provide timely and professional support in case of Internal Audits, Peer Reviews and Tax Authority audits
- Actively focus on identifying areas for improvement to drive process and efficiency improvement
- Provide ad-hoc support of Indirect Tax Center or Excellent Management in ad-hoc projects and queries
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- English: fluent
- 3+ years of experience in VAT
- Applied accounting skills
- Applied skills in using MS Excel spreadsheets
- Good problem solving skills and ability to collaborate across different functions
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- 3+ years of experience in an SSC environment
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top