Indirect Tax ETL Developer
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Objective of the job:
We are currently seeking an Application Developer to become part of a team that provides IT support to the IBM Finance Systems Indirect Tax (IDT) organization. The successful candidate will help the IT team to build, enhance and maintain the IDT Tax Compliance Strategic ETL solution using skills such as DataStage, DB2, SQL, and Unix. The role will leverage a variety of tooling, including DataStage 11.7, Linux, Rational Team Concert and QMF. In addition, there will be opportunity to also learn and support ETL for our IDT Blockchain Solution.
- Actively participate in the Agile and DevOps development process;
- Contribute to Agile ceremonies (e.g. iteration planning, standup, showcase, retrospective) to contribute to the breakdown of user stories and discuss status of project requirements, tasks, blockers; providing input for completed and closed items;
- Schedule your work through pre-planned iterations according to prioritized business requirements of the product owner;
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain IT Solution for the requirements leveraging ETL;
- Propose new ideas with relentless focus on quality and continuous improvement;
- Perform root cause analysis of technical and process issues;
- Developing own ETL/technical skills and knowledge aligned with business strategy. Convert the gathered knowledge to team knowledge;
- Building own network of technical experts.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Fluent English language skills
- University or college degree in IT field;
- 3+ years application development experience;
- DataStage, relational DB, SQL, QMF;
- Unix / Shell scripting;
- Agile Development Practices (Scrum), Behavior Driven and Test Driven Development;
- DevOps Practices including Automated Build, Test and Deployment and Static Analysis using tools and practices;
- Proven problem solving experience;
- Creative and proactive thinking;
- Customer orientation;
- Fluent English (written and verbal);
- Self-education skill;
- Teaming and collaboration;
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top