Indirect Tax Business Analyst
Are you looking for a career that will allow you to use your unique blend of business acumen and tech savvy? Business Analysts at IBM are subject matter experts that build the bridge between our business and our clients, immersing themselves into the market to understand problems and find innovative solutions. Be ready to navigate the complex relationships that make the business world run and find the actionable insights that result in great business decisions.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Objective of the job:
The Indirect Tax Strategic ETL-Warehouse development team is working to modernize IBM's Indirect Tax compliance processes. We are currently seeking a Business Analyst to become part of a team supporting the IBM Indirect Tax compliance business processes and help build, enhance and maintain our strategic data warehouse and compliance processes. The focus of the role is on data analysis, data mapping, code testing, ETL design and operational support. In addition, you will be looked upon to lead other analysts, assist in other areas such as coordination of dependencies and test schedules and management of standards/controls compliance.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to understand the underlying business process, the preferred design for the IT solution and gather prioritized requirements for the IT development team
- Convey requirements to the developers and help translate business needs to IT solutions contributing in requirements breakdown. Coordinate and actively participate in testing through defining test cases and control totals
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with business and technical members of the team
- Actively participate in the Agile and Design Thinking processes
- Relentless focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Perform root cause analysis of process issues
- Provide education as required to business and IT stakeholders as appropriate
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Required skills, education and experience:
- Strong SQL skills and experience working with proprietary database ( Oracle, SQL Server)
- Familiarity with Extract, Transform and Load ( ETL) on a high level at least preferably some experience with an ETL tool
- Experience describing and finding Data Patterns
- Moderate skills in Excel (pivots, data matching, formatting)
- Experience with Agile
- Scripting skills preferred- DOS and/or Unix and/or typical installations
- Above-average written skills in English - able to present data, requirements in a clear manner
- Gathering and analyzing requirements.
- Creating, developing and running Test cases
- Perform Root Cause Analysis(RCA)
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in requirements and "moving targets"
- Above-average verbal skills in English: A particularly good listener and able to summarize calls, keep minutes with clarity and understanding
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- More advanced scripting skills: VB Script, Powershell, Python, or similar
- Experience with indirect tax business processes in general
- Experience with DevOps (Code promotion)
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top