Identity & Access Management (IAM) Security Technical Specialist
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Security is looking for IAM Security Technical Specialists to support a variety of projects across multiple industry sectors. Your role will be a mix of detailed design and delivery. You will:
• Consider, understand and deliver against design documents and client requirements
• Engage with other teams in IBM Security and the wider IBM,
• Deliver agreed pieces of work either leading, working independently or as part of a team.
Apply subject matter expertise, using knowledge gained from previous roles, experiences and engagements, IBM's intellectual capital, knowledge of the market/industry, and your own research to address clients IAM challenges. You will be able to support a consulting led solutions approach using knowledge gained from previous roles, experiences and engagements, IBM's intellectual capital, knowledge of the market/industry, and your own research to address client's security challenges.
Assist clients in developing and deploying Identity and Access Management security either at a transformational or , operational level s , with the ability to implement the structures of solutions and architectures, will be focused on delivering a business outcome and can include systems, applications and process components.
Engage with colleagues and clients to understand project objectives and deliverables, applies industry knowledge, and leverages appropriate information technology to address those needs. In addition, work collaboratively and advise them on future roadmap and capability as their a trusted advisor. This includes working as a team member with client personnel to deliver solutions.
Support the development of colleagues and pro-actively share their experience, reusable reference material and assets. They act as part of a team at all levels within IBM, taking responsibility for helping to expand the capabilities of our rapidly growing security organisation. Thereby, enabling business growth beyond immediate work on individual security opportunities.
We pride ourselves on being vendor neutral and developing solutions that are the best fit for our customers' requirements. This means you won't just work with IBM technology; you will work with technology from of our alliances and other vendors.
Are you passionate about keeping current and open to new ideas? To develop your knowledge, along with the cooperative nature of the team, you will be encouraged to constantly learn and improve by visiting industry events and workshops. You will also have access to the global IBM education portal which you are also encouraged to explore as we believe that education and development should not be exclusively security based. Making time to think and explore leads us to develop new ideas and to be better able to help our clients. We are focused on developing talent and industry leading skills. IBM believes in career growth and flexibility. If your desire is to help empower people with unmatched security while working in a supportive and engaging environment, your career and your future will be made with IBM.
Projects are based across the UK, often on client premises. The expectation of team members is that they will travel to support clients on site. All permanent IBM employees have the opportunity to apply to work flexibly under the IBM Flexible Working Policy. Any flexibility is subject to prior management approval in line with business needs.
Responsible for managing all the activities related to delivering a security led IAM solution for the duration of their engagement, including but not limited to:
- Deep technical understanding of IAM products to deliver solution outcomes
- Work closely with Architects and Project Managers to deliver on client objectives.
- Create low level designs that represent implemented solutions
- Delivering administrative, operational, technical or physical solutions.
- U nderstanding of the client security and risk posture of the client
- Understanding how to implement the functional and non-functional requirements of the system
- Support refining High level designs to enable low level designs and thus implementation
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Experience Delivering Solutions in at least two of the following IAM Domains:
- Identity; life-cycle, provisioning/provisioning, workflow automation, delegated administration, password synchronisation, self-service, Role Based Access Control, related business and security standards, policies processes and procedures. Operating System, Application and Web Application Access controls and methods. End Point Integration.
- Privileged Access Management; Vaulting, Session Recording, Access Controls methods such as Sudo. Hard coded password approaches, Operating System, Database, Application integration and methods. Related business and security standards, policies processes and procedures
- Web Access Management; Single-Sign-on, Access Federation, , Privileged Access Management, Desktop Single Sign-on, Advanced and Multi Factor Authorisation, RBAC/ABAC, Application Integration.
- Other; Desktop Single Sign-on, API / Rest / XML, RACF, ADFS, Multi-Factor Authentication, Mobile
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Ability to become SC cleared
- Technical Leadership experience
- A recognized certification in security appropriate to the role for example: CISSP, CISMP, CompTIA Security +, ITIL qualification etc.
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top