The Japan Benefits Leader is responsible for overseeing the end to end program management and administration of the pension and benefit programs for all IBM Japan legal entities in scope (mainline entity + fully owned subsidiaries).
The Japan Benefits Leader will provide management oversight on the day to day operations of the Japan Benefits Team (in-country and off-shore locations) and all vendors supporting the administration of local pension and benefit plans.
The Japan Benefits Leader is required to work closely with multiple teams and stakeholders locally, regionally, and globally both within and outside of IBM to ensure on-going plan renewal, re-design activities, annual actuarial valuation exercises and execution of service delivery is done flawlessly.
The Japan Benefits Leader will functionally report to the AP Regional Benefits Leader and locally to the Japan Compensation & Benefits Manager.
Benefits Manager Job Duties:
- Work with the Benefits Strategy & Design Teams and IBM's benefits broker/consultant by providing local service delivery input and voice of the employee (VOE) feedback on the following:
- Plan renewals (RFP process)
- Local market trends and developments in benefits offered by other organizations
- Supports management's decision making by analyzing benefit options and predicting future costs.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by understanding existing and new legislation; obtaining qualified opinions; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Complies with internal business control requirements
- Informs management of benefit usage by preparing and distributing benefit reports
- Resolves employee questions and problems by interpreting benefit policies and procedures.
- Expedites delivery of benefits by establishing and maintaining working relationships with benefit providers
- Reconciles benefits accounts by approving billing statements
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Maintains benefits staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Maintains benefits staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing the benefits and department operational budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
* Please ensure to upload/attach your latest resume/CV when registering and applying for this role *
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must be fluent in Japanese and have business conversational English communication skills
- Operations management (people management and performance management skills)
- Must have a customer centric mindset with accomplishments of deploying successful employee engagement initiatives
- Project management (experience with simultaneous projects is a plus)
- Financial acumen (must know how to identify cost reduction opportunities and drive process simplification, automation, and policy harmonization to achieve a better employee experience and yield efficiency gains)
- Successful track record of managing multiple vendors to meet and exceed their contractual targets
- Multi-cultural stakeholder management
- Must be agile, analytical and creative in working through issues, resolving conflict, and managing a crisis
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with Workday or HR system transformation / integration is preferred
- Knowledge of Design Thinking methodology or experience of it is a plus
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top