IBM Z Server Sales Specialist
Over the past 5 decades the IBM mainframe has been the flagship of IBM's Systems lineup and the gold standard for security, reliability and massive transaction processing. As we take the IBM Z mainframe into the era of Cognitive and Cloud Computing we're looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
The world's top companies rely on the IBM mainframe to protect their data with impeccable security, run blockchain and machine learning applications and provide trusted digital experiences. Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers and make an impact on the top banks and insurance companies, the largest airlines and most important government entities around the world.
In this role, you will:
- Identify, qualify and close new business opportunities - both within existing IBM Z clients and in potential new to IBM Z clients.
- Engage with IBM Z clients to help them embrace and exploit the full potential of their IBM Z investment. Assist clients in modernizing their core IT assets taking advantage of new IBM Z capabilities, features and drive new workload to the Z platform.
- Successfully interact with other IBM departments for the best client outcome
- Develop and cultivate long term client relationships
- Leverage IBM as a global company to achieve local business objectives.
All candidate applying to this role need to be fluent in English and have the right to live and work in the UK , and not require additional supported sponsorship from IBM.
Whilst this role can be London based, it is not location specific - but needs to be UK Based
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelors degree or sales experience working in a role that is supporting / leading sales of IT infrastructure or solution sales
- Well organised, structured and able to articulate an IT solution to a business audience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with mainframes and IBM Z is desirable but not essential
- Experience in a sales role. Idealy working on solution/value based sales
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top