IBM Z ISV Architect
IBM Z Technical Sales is seeking for a solutions Architect to lead and engage in IBM Z opportunities with ISV ecosystem partners. The job will require extensive travel in ASEAN and any assigned markets.
Candidate should have in-depth technical skills and a thorough understanding of IBM Z ecosystem, and the third party ISV solutions portfolio. A working background with mainframe and distributed application development is advantageous.
This role is an integral part of our sales organization and works closely with sales team to identify and progress opportunities. Candidate is expected to identify and use demos, POTs, and other sales assets, plan and perform POCs, collaborate with sales on competitive strategies, organize and facilitate solutioning workshops, and deploy other technical accelerators to help effectively drive opportunities towards a win.
He/she is expected to position IBM Z ISV solutions and differentiate from competition within the context of a customer's Digital Transformation initiative.
This role requires a mature highly motivated individual who can collaborate with country teams across the ASEAN region and with our AP/WW teams. He/she will be required to lead technical sales engagements with customers and liaise with senior client executives.
- Execute Technical Accelerators such as: presentation, demonstration, client discovery workshops, Proof of Technology and Proof of Concepts.
- Engaging deployment team to review key deployment milestones, architecture & design, installation and production setup.
- Supports sales team on prospect customer conference calls, WebEx and onsite visits.
- Leads technical response to Request for Proposal and Request For Information (RFI) by writing clear responses to commonly asked questions and gathering answers from other internal technical experts.
- Supports business partner teams by participating in technical calls and meetings with prospective customers.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Ideal candidate will have 5 or more years of working experience on IBM Z platform.
- In-depth hands-on experience within z/OS environment and its subsystems and tools.
- Application development tools and languages on IBM Z.
- Technical consulting/Technical sales/ Technical Architecture experience in application development, testing and deployment.
- Strong consultative skills and successful industry solution and complex architecture project implementation experience.
- Experience working with international clients
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top