IBM WebSphere Administrator
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
IBM is now hiring an IBM WebSphere Administrator for our Rocket Center, West Virginia office (near Cumberland, MD). As a WebSphere Administrator, you'll be responsible for managing and administering critical middleware infrastructure that supports key business functionality. The successful candidate is an accomplished and hands-on systems administrator with a record of effectively managing multiple large-scale distributed WebSphere environments. You should have the aptitude and enthusiasm for building and servicing highly distributed, scalable and mission-critical systems.
Some of the required skills are:
(a)Installation, implementation, upgrading, performance, security, patching and monitoring of WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment (WASND) environments.
(b)Maximizing availability and performance for all WASND and IBM HTTP Server Plugins and IBM HTTP Server systems.
(c)Providing technical assistance to the entire customer staff of developers, operators and administrators.
(d)Developing a detailed understanding of WebSphere Application Server Clustering for High Availability
Work with other infrastructure, application, engineering, database administration and operation teams on projects and day-to-day problems.
(e)Analyze and resolve WAS related issues and problems
(f)Assist in the coding and support of various UNIX scripts for WAS support.
(g)Assist with creation, development, and enforcement of WAS.
(h)Develop a proactive health check process.
(i)Provide customer support by addressing trouble tickets providing levels 2 and 3 support.
(j)Maintaining the system integrity and security by following the published Server Configuration Standards
Join our team and utilize leading-edge technology to configure, develop, deliver and support applications for our government clients. You will be able to gain valuable on the job training while building in-demand technical skills. Our clients are some of the most recognized agencies in the federal government, and you will be part of challenging projects to build and support technical solutions for their needs.
The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Rocket Center, WV center including a variety of Federal Government clients. No remote opportunities exist.
Candidate must have the ability to work in the United States without a current or future need for visa sponsorship.
Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain required Government security clearance as needed to support assignments.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Design, implement, and oversee of highly-consolidated WebSphere Application Server (WAS) environments.
- Responsibilities include capacity-planning, sizing, implementation, and maintenance for new applications in the WAS environment.
- Research, tool development and documentation for future WAS environments.
- Gather and document business requirements of application characteristics, including third-party software requirements, backend resources, and means of implementation.
- Design web hardware infrastructure. Includes authoring design documents and guiding them through the approval process.
- Provide technical support to web application developers when required. Includes promoting use of best practices, ensuring standardization across applications and trouble shooting.
- Monitor, tune & performance test activities for live & in-flight applications
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- In addition to WebSphere, system administration of any of the following technologies: SOLR Drupal WordPress IHS ColdFusion LAMP Stack WebLogic
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top