IBM Watson Health - Systems Manager
The Systems Manager is the lead technical resource that acts as a single point of contact between the technical team and the business and customer teams. This role will ensure that the Data Warehouse infrastructure is implemented in the appropriate manner from a technical perspective to support the overall Data Warehouse solution.
The Systems Manager will interface with multiple internal and external teams to understand the solution requirements and coordinate the appropriate setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of issues.
The Systems Manager works with application and other support resources to ensure installation, routine maintenance, upgrades and daily support of the server, network, storage and other interfacing systems.
Candidates will have access to highly sensitive public record information and as a result all new hires and current employees in positions of this level will be subject to periodic background checks. Essential Responsibilities
- Work with internal business and customer teams to understand solution requirements.
- Collaborate with business units, data owners and IT to successfully implement the customer solution.
- Ensuring the setup, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of a custom Data Warehouse infrastructure consisting of, but not limited to Windows/Linux application servers, Oracle Exadata, Oracle Exalogic, ZFS storage appliances, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Interface with the business and customer teams pertaining to all technical matters.
- Provide necessary status updates and monthly reports to the business and customer teams.
- Create necessary delivery estimates.
- Translate complex functional, technical and business requirements into architectural designs and ensure that the technical teams act on those designs.
- Coordinate with Delivery Project Manager and Business Analyst to project scope and compile delivery estimates.
- Continually review and suggest improvements to the Data Warehouse processes, policies, and vision and explore new and emerging technologies.
- Display a demonstrated ability in communicating the overall customer data architecture to both technical and business constituencies.
- Performance Management & Monitoring - Implement and manage processes and applications to proactively monitor the health and welfare of Watson Health technology environments to address concerns and issues before they happen.
- Infrastructure Availability Management - Develop and manage processes designed to meet or exceed services levels for infrastructure availability.
- Capacity Management - Create and manage forecasting processes designed to ensure platform capabilities are adequate for business environment needs.
- Maintenance & Configuration Management - Ensure effective processes are in place to continuously refresh platform, maintain proper OS levels, and proactively apply security patches.
- Works collaboratively with the Account Executive in support of quality fulfillment of the contract requirements.
- Additionally supports the Account Executive in sales/increasing scope, and scalable solutions.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 8+yrs Data Center exp working with networking, storage, and computer platforms
- 4+yrs system administration exp
- Exp with multiple hardware platforms and devices from HP, Dell, Cisco and Oracle
- Exp with enterprise software packages in regard to installation, sizing, and integration - Cognos, SAS, Informatica, Tableau, ESRI ArcGIS , VMware ESX, IBM WebSphere etc.
- 3+yrs exp with one or more of the following database engines: (Netezza, Oracle, SQL Server) and/or exp with 1 or more of the following ETL tools: (DataStage, Ab Initio)
- 5+yrs exp as a technical project manager with external customers
- 3+yrs expwith hardware vendors. Ex: IBM, Oracle, EMC, etc.
- 6+yrs in a software development or solution architecture role
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication, facilitation, presentation and multi-tasking skills
- Proven knowledge of estimation processes
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly through self-study
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 3+ Years' experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Exadata, Oracle Exalogic
- 3+ Years' experience with system monitoring tool SolarWinds Orion.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top